Franklin Middle School Policies
For the safety of all Yakima School District's students, there is a District Policy that all staff and students must have their ID badges visible at all times while on school property or at school activities.
Dress for Success Code
The purpose of the Franklin Dress Code is to foster a professional, safe, and respectful learning environment at school. We believe it is one more component of preparing students for success. Students who choose to dress inappropriately* will be asked to change. Shirt/pants will be provided by the office for the student to wear. Refusal to change is grounds for discipline.
*Inappropriate clothing is any item deemed by administration as disruptive to the education process or in current use of local gangs.
- Must cover all of the stomach, back, and chest at all times, even with raised arms.
- May not be see-through, except for sleeves, nor reveal any undergarment.
- No portion of bras may show.
- Cannot sag below hips or show any portion of underwear, even when worn with untucked shirts.
- May not have tears or rips in the hip or thigh area so that skin is visible. Sewn-in linining is acceptable.
- May not have any message written on the backside.
- No pajama pants.
- All shorts, skirts, and dresses must be longer than the finger tips when arms are at the students' side.
- Hats and hoods cannot be worn inside the building. Belts made of web material and/or that hang down below the waist are not allowed.
No gang affiliated colors or clothing (varies with current trends)-such as:
- No red shoes with read laces and no blue shoes with blue laces.
- No bandanas.