The two login options for students are 1. Computer login - logs them into their own desktop but not G Suite. 2. G Suite - logs students in to district supported programs through a single sign-on. The 1. Computer login must be completed at lease once before access to 2. G Suite access can occur as #1 sets the password for #2. Teachers can access SA Manager to reset student passwords. Find more information here: https://www.yakimaschools.org/Page/236
1. Computer Login - Student Desktop
1. Start the computer or Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up the change password window.
2. Enter the student Username- Student ID# (example- 1234567)
3. Enter the student Password - Default passwords for: (K-2) 1234 (3-5) Elem1234 (6-8) Ms!+LastFiveofID# (9-12) Hs!+LastFiveofID#
First time > students will be forced to change Password (K-3: 4 characters)(4-5: 8 characters)(6-8: 8 characters) (9-12: Complex password) Complex passwords must include - An uppercase letter - a lowercase letter -a number -a symbol.
2. G Suite Login - District Programs
Reading Wonders, StudySync, HMH Collections, Canvas, TenMarks, Clever, Holt Math, Typing.com, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, GMail.
2. Enter a Username - LastName+Last 5 of Student ID# @ysd7.org (example- firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Enter a Password - Same password as computer login above.
If a student incorrectly enters their username they may get a captcha image to submit before they can continue. Be sure to add the @ysd7.org to the username to help avoid this.
Students, if you need help with your login information please contact your teacher.
Sample Index Card Template
Last name, First
Student ID #
Summer Student Passwords (draft)
Students will be able to change their passwords during the summer.
There will be a forced password change in October. Students do not need to wait till then to change their passwords.
Have a plan for how teachers will deal with students who do not remember their passwords.