- Students must have absences excused and notes are required within 48 hours of returning to school. Unexcused absences may result in truancy petitions with Juvenile Court.
- Course work may ONLY be made up for excused absences.
- Students will receive an automatic loss of credit for absences that exceed nine (9) days, excused or unexcused, in a 45 – day period. Time can be made up for excused absences ONLY for a student to receive credit.
- If a student is later than five (5) minutes to any class, they will be marked absent.
For more information on attendance policies, please see the Attendance page.
- Stanton Academy follows the Yakima School District's Dress Policy. The policy can be found on the districts web page under Policy 3224.
Cell Phones/Electronic Devices
- Students cannot have cell phones or other electronic devices visible upon their arrival at school. The only time permitted for use of these devices is the student’s scheduled lunch time.
- If electronic devices are seen on campus they will be confiscated for the rest of that school day. If students is seen continually with their devices out they will be begin the progressive discipline process per offense 6.2.6.
- All students that attend Stanton need to clearly display their school-issued ID badge. If an ID badge is lost, misplaced or damaged, students must get a replacement at a cost of $5.00.
- Students living within the Yakima School District boundaries are eligible for free city bus passes if they live one mile or more from their school location. Students may get their passes at lunch time or after school in the office with their student ID badge. Those who qualify will receive only one pass per month, IN ORDER TO QUALIFY, student must maintain 70% attendance for the previous month.
Behavior with Surrounding Business & Homes
- Students are expected to act in a respectful manner to all surrounding businesses and homes. Any leaving without permission, loitering, or parking in neighboring areas will receive progressive discipline.