The Site Council is a governing body for Discovery Lab School. Its members, composed of four DLS staff members and four parents, discuss the needs of the school and plan together for its improvement.
Specific purposes of the Site Council shall include but not be limited to:
1. Promoting the highest possible student performance.
2. Providing the organizational framework so restructuring can occur (restructuring can be described as continuous change for the sake of improving the school and not change for the sake of change).
3. Focusing on issues related to the entire educational process at Discovery Lab School.
4. Serving as a forum for input from staff, parents, students and community members.
5. Communicating discussions and decisions to all appropriate staff, students, parents and community members.
6. Serve as an advocate for the special needs of Discovery Lab School.
Meetings are open to all members of the school community. Visitors may participate in the discussion, but may not vote or participate in the final decision. Voting members include the school principal, three staff members and four elected parents.