Yakima Schools Foundation
The Yakima Schools Foundation, founded in 1991, is a grass roots community-based organization working to expand and enhance learning opportunities for students throughout the Yakima School District. The foundation is a completely separate non-profit organization that supports the mission, goals and needs of the Yakima School District. While not a part of the Yakima School District, the Yakima Schools Foundation has the flexibility to seek, accept, invest and channel funds without the restrictions imposed on public school districts.
For more information on the Yakima Schools Foundation, please visit the foundation's website at:
You Can Support the Yakima Schools Foundation Every Day!
Do you shop at Fred Meyer or on Amazon? Continue reading below for information on how your purchases can help fund the Yakima Schools Foundation.
- AmazonSmile: Amazon, through the AmazonSmile Foundation, donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to charitable organizations selected by their customers. To have your Amazon purchases generate donations to the Yakima Schools Foundation, simply access the Amazon shopping website through the following link: YSF on AmazonSmile
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards: Fred Meyer donates to non-profits each based on where their customers tell them to give. Link your Rewards Card online and the Yakima Schools Foundation earns a donation every time you use it. For more information, please download the following information sheet: YSF Fred Meyer Community Rewards (PDF)
YSD Staff Contributions
Yakima School District employees who are willing to help support the Yakima Schools Foundation can enroll for automatic payroll deductions. Interested employees are encouraged to complete the deduction request form available below and return it to the YSD payroll office. We believe your donations will create a win-win opportunity for funding much-needed programs in our schools.
The Yakima Schools Foundation can accept gifts in the form of cash, check, credit card, payroll deduction or bequests. Gifts of stocks and bonds can be accepted, as can gifts of property. The YSF can also set up charitable remainder trusts.
Donations to the Yakima Schools Foundation are directed to one of five areas:
- Undesignated Funds
- Undesignated funds include income from unspecified donations and can be used to fund any approved grant request.
- Designated Funds (funds given for specific project/program support)
- The Foundation can accept donations to a specific school or a specific project/program at a specific school.
- The Foundation can accept donations to establish a short-term named program fund. Such a fund can be drawn upon until it has been used in its entirety.
- Scholarship Funds (K - 12)
- Endowment Funds
- The Yakima Schools Foundation Endowment Funds (YSDEF) provides a mechanism for ensuring a steady source of income to fund future worthwhile projects. Contributions are pooled and invested. Only earned income is distributed
- Memorial and Honorary Gifts
- People may choose the Yakima Schools Foundation as a recipient of gifts honoring deceased or living loved ones. Generally, donations made in honor of a person will be treated as unrestricted gifts, unless otherwise designated by donor.
- Undesignated Funds
News & Events
Grant Process is CLOSED
Yakima Schools Foundation's (an independent non-profit) granting year for the 2018-2019 school year will begin Aug 13, 2018.
For the 2018-19 school year, grants will be considered on a more frequent basis - monthly. Please have your grant request in by the 10th of each month for consideration at the end of that month. Grant requests need to be for activities that directly impact students (no staff training requests please). If you have any questions, please contact YSF at 509-457-0898.
To apply online (must be in the YSD network), go to https://ysfgrants.yakimaschools.org