G Suite for Education
G Suite allows Yakima Schools to give Google's communication and collaboration applications to our entire education community for free. All services are hosted on the Yakima School District (YSD) G Suite domain (ysd7.org) and are available to students and staff via any computer and many mobile devices.
G Suite includes the following services:
- Gmail - provides gigabytes of email storage, highly effective spam filtering and powerful search.
- Calendar - allows easy coordination of work or class schedules, meetings and events online.
- Drive - allows users to create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, and drawings in real-time as well as upload and share any file type. Allows students to maintain electronic student portfolios of work which is preserved for the entire time they are a student within our schools.
- Other tools and add-ons may be made available to students in our G Suite @ysd7.org domain. These tools will be reviewed and selected by the District T&L and Technology departments and educational teams and committees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who will receive a G Suite account?
- Does YSD's G Suite program comply with Google's stated age restrictions?
- Will I have access to my student's Google account?
- What types of safety and security measures are in place for G Suite?
- What happens if a student misuses their Google account?
- Am I able to opt my student out of the G Suite program?