2020 Crystal Apple Awards (modified for Coronavirus closure)
The 2020 Crystal Apple Awards announcement is Sunday, May 31st, 2020 in the Yakima Herald-Republic.
Complete nominations are due Friday, May 8, 2020.
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4-8, 2020.
- Who can nominate? Anyone! Except for the nominee themselves and the nominee’s evaluator (although the evaluator can write a letter of support).
- What will the nominator need to turn in?
- The nomination form and a statement from the nominator as to how and why the nominee meets the nomination criteria.
- Two letters of support (only two). Letters should speak to the nomination criteria since that is what is used by the selection committee to select the winners. Letters of support may be from a student, former student, parent, community member, teacher, administrator or school-related group. Any other letters outside the required two will not be forwarded on to the Selection Committee.
- A biographical and career statement for the nominee.
- Many of the Selection Committee members are local business leaders in the community. Please avoid education acronyms and/or explain terms.
For complete details on the program and nomination process, please download the nomination packet attached below.
Nominations are due no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 8, 2020. Please email your packet to Hilda Bueno-Garcia, the Central Services receptionist by that date.