At LC, we come to school dressed for success and do our best. We are Tolerant, Respectful, Accountable, Courage and Kindness, with Blazer Pride.
Dress for Success!
All students at Lewis & Clark Middle School will be expected to arrive at school Dressed for Success. This means:
- Students must have an ID shown at all times. Lanyards are an option for IDs. Students will not be provided with lanyards. However, they may bring their own lanyard as long as it is purple, white, black, or gray in color.
- Shirts must be collared polo shirts or button-up dress shirts in either SOLID white, grey, or purple. No logo bigger than a standard post-it note. If logo is too large, student will be asked to turn the item inside out. Shirts worn under the polo or dress shirt must be SOLID white, grey, purple, or black. The only exception are designated for special events, LC sports jerseys, or shirts students have earned as rewards. Students wearing shirts that are not Dress for Success must stop by or be sent to the office to change into a “loaner” polo.
- All Outer-wear; Coats/Sweaters/Hoodies/Sweatshirts must be SOLID white, grey, purple or black, with a collared shirt underneath, (see above). Any Outer-wear that is NOT dress for success must be removed prior to entering any classroom/gym.
- Pants/shorts/skirts must be in the approved school colors; no red or blue other than blue jeans. Any rips in pants/shorts/skirts must be longer than the tips of the fingers with the arms extended down towards the feet. (fingertip test)
- Items of clothing that are see-through, excessively tight, or distracting to the learning environment are prohibited.
- Shoes and shoe laces may not be majority Solid Red or Solid Blue.
- No hoods/hats on in the building at any time. Hats are not allowed on campus.
- Accessories such as hair bands, clips, necklaces, glasses, bracelets, bow ties, suspenders, scarves and ear rings should not distract from the learning environment or divert from the dress code colors or be associated with gang affiliation.
STUDENTS NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH DRESS FOR SUCCESS WILL CALL HOME AND HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE ITEMS NOT IN COMPLIANCE.
School Shirts and Sweatshirts
School shirts and sweatshirts are available for purchase. Check the office for availability.